As a surrealist I:
- Don't see any separation between the arts;
- See imagination and flow of consciousness as the primary source for producing art or other.
I'm sure that:
- Surrealism is dead as an artistic movement, but alive as a philosophical and political field.
My main focus is:
- The disconnection between usual logic and facts that attacking the appearances of reality.
- on a superficial level, I practice the classical tools such as automatic writing, collages, frottages.
- I write a completely imaginative encyclopaedia, where nothing is true.
François Sarhan is French visual artist, composer, writer, stage director, and movie maker. Currently lives in Berlin, Germany
François Sarhan website: